PROCESS FOR BECOMING A VENDOR
We have a variety of markets throughout the year in different locations in Kenosha’s Harbor Park area including a seasonal summer market, winter and holiday market. Each of these markets offers customers a unique experience. If you can answer yes to one of the following category types, please proceed to STEP 2.
Only the following types of vendors are considered for our markets:
- Agriculture: One who is actively involved and invested in the planting, growing and harvesting of agricultural product on owned, leased, rented, or share-cropped land in Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota & Iowa. This vendor type includes ranchers, dairymen, and fishermen. This category also includes vendors who sell value-added products made from their own farms’ products.
- Processed Foods: One who sells foods that they have personally prepared or processed. Processed Foods are persons offering fresh food products, such as, prepared meats (charcuterie or jerky), baked goods, condiments, jams, etc., that have added value to their product through some sort of “hands on” processing.
- Artist/Crafter: All art/craft products must be handcrafted in the community by using tools and equipment to produce their product that require skill, personal handling, and or/manipulation. (e.g. products imported but hand painted in the community are NOT considered locally made.)
- Prepared Food Concession: One who offers freshly made foods onsite or in commercial kitchens, available for sale and immediate consumption on-site
- Unique Retail: One who is a dealer or reseller offering a broad range of distinctive products made by someone else.
The following will NOT be accepted at our markets:
- Multi-level Marketing
- Mass produced products
- Non-profit Organizations (only allowed in summer market 3x)
- No religious or political affiliated organizations
- Nationally distributed package foods
- Secondhand items (exception: those vendors who take a secondhand item and recycle/upcycle that item into a new use)
- Food Trucks
- Live Animals
As a potential vendor, we are confident you have many questions. To help guide you, we have created a document that clearly outlines our rules, regulations, and important information you should know about becoming a vendor. It is essential to read and understand the rules.
- Kenosha Winter Harbor Holiday Market Rules
- Kenosha County Division of Health Temporary Restaurant Checklist
- Kenosha Fire Department
- SNAP/EBT Rules
If you have read ALL of the above Kenosha Common Markets, Inc. rules, proceed to STEP 3.
STEP 3: DO YOU HAVE AN ELECTRONIC VERSION OF ALL OF YOUR REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION?
The application form must be completed and submitted in one sitting or the information will be lost. Before you begin filling out the application please review it in its entirety. Make sure that you have all your documents, certificate, pictures and marketing logos, etc., in electronic form (pdf or jpg for example), and on hand as once you have started filling out the application form you will not be able to save a form in progress and then return later to finish it.
Please complete the form in as much detail as possible as this will assist us in jurying your application and prevent delays in processing your application. You will not be required to provide insurance until and unless you are approved. See Liability Insurance below.
Returning vendors are required to apply for each market every season. An application of a returning vendor does NOT guarantee approval.
Please click the “Proceed to Form” button at the bottom of the page and then select the “Renewal” button.
You will then be prompted to enter the email address that you used on the most recent approved application. If you are unsure of this or changed your email address, please contact Vendor Application Support to confirm or have it changed before filling out the application.
You will receive an email from Kenosha HarborMarket with the subject line: Application Renewal. It should come to your inbox. If you do not receive within 10 minutes, please check your Spam Folder.
Use the link in the email to launch the prefilled application. Note that any files previously uploaded, such as your Certificate of Liability Insurance, will NOT be included in the sections that have been auto-filled. This is related to file size and you will have to upload files each year.
LIABILITY INSURANCE: All Vendors are required to obtain general liability insurance. A copy of your insurance policy must accompany your vendor application if you are a returning vendor and be on file throughout the selling season. The KCM is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred or caused by vendors.
Vendors are responsible for uploading and maintaining insurance records. Please do not email or mail insurance forms to Kenosha Common Markets. You are ready for STEP 4.
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR VENDOR APPLICATION ONLINE
Please review your application to ensure accuracy and make sure all fields are filled. Verify that insurance files, pictures & logo are upload. Each season we will ask for new uploads so that we have the newest files to feature in our marketing and the most current insurance information.
Once you submit your application you will not have access to your application and changes cannot be made by the vendor.
We will send status notifications via your email address:
(1) for successful submission of the application.
(2) notification of approval, waitlisted or denied status.
Depending on when your application is submitted, which market, and the type of product you are applying to sell, it may take up to 14 days to have your application juried. On to STEP 5.
STEP 5: JURY PROCESS
Kenosha Common Markets, Inc. (KCM) is committed to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality, locally-produced products available.
All applications are juried in consideration of the following criteria:
- Product/Service Quality-100 % Grown, Made or Baked by Applicant
- Originality / Creativity
- Value to the Market
- Flavor & Food Safety (Prepared & Processed Food)
- Presentation/Packaging/Product Appeal
- Vendors in good financial standing
- Positive attendance record
- History of compliance with market rules
- Number of years attended markets
STEP 6: PAYMENT PROCESS
Upon approval, a confirmation email will be sent with an invoice and payment is due upon receipt of the invoice.
Vendors have the following payment method options:
- Credit Card (payment now available online)
- Check ($25 returned check fee)
If you are paying by check, please make payable to:
Kenosha Common Markets Inc
P.O. Box 643
Kenosha, WI 53140
Please review Winter Market Rules for partial payment requests.